Resident Help Center
Go To Search

This website is currently under renovation to improve accessibility for users with disabilities. This process coincides with efforts to achieve and maintain compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. If anyone encounters an inaccessible feature on this website, please contact Amanda Roberts, City Clerk at (352) 465-8500 or to advise what inaccessible feature was encountered, and to allow the City to provide the desired information through alternative means, until such time as the website renovation is complete.
Contractor Registration
Contractor Registration

All persons conducting business in the City of Dunnellon who are not state certified contractors are required to pay a fee to obtain and maintain a Local Business Tax Receipt (BTR).



Per House Bill 535, the City of Dunnellon Building Department will no longer require contractor registration and related fees for State Certified Contractors only.

Permitting will still require:

  1. Validation of State license.
  2. Proof of Workers’ Compensation and Liability insurance.
  3. State Issued Workers' Compensation Exemption Certificate (if applicable).
  4. Validation that the contractor is working within the scope of his license.
  5. Legible copy of current driver's license for identification purposes.

All contractor documentation, including certificates of insurance, must be sent to this email address:  or faxed to (352) 465-8505 for electronic filing. Please notify your agent accordingly. The building department will no longer manage certificates of insurance or state license copies received by regular mail unless included with a permit application package. All renewals must be emailed or faxed.