Community Development Services
The Community Development Department provides long-term strategies for the City's growth ensuring compliance with the City's Comprehensive Plan, including preservation of our natural environment, and the enhancement of neighborhoods and businesses through a Community Redevelopment program.
The Community Development Department provides building, zoning, planning, and development services for the City of Dunnellon. These services include:
- Current and Future Land Use
- Comprehensive Planning
- Building Permits
- Certificates of Appropriateness (Historic Preservation Board)
- Community Redevelopment Agency
- Planning Applications (Voluntary Annexation, Zoning Designation Change, etc.)
- Zoning Permits (Change of Occupant, Tree Removal, Sign, etc.)
Additionally, the Community Development Department is responsible for processing Tree Removal Permit applications and Historic Preservation Board's application for Certificate of Appropriateness.
The Community Development Department also provides administrative services and guidance for the following boards and commissions: